Since Great Gatsby’s Auction Gallery uses the services of multiple bidding platforms, we carefully reconcile the total sale on the first normal business day following each auction. Only once all of the data has been received and certified may we invoice each winning bidder. Please allow us one to two business days to send your invoice via email.
Along with your invoice, you will receive a credit card authorization form and a list of suggested shippers. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept credit card information over the telephone. If you prefer, you may send payment by check, in which case we will release your items for shipment once payment has cleared.
For invoices going abroad and for those with numerous items, we may request payment by wire transfer. If so, we will send you the necessary forms along with your invoice.
Successful bidders may pick-up items immediately following the sale if they bid in person, or anytime during regular business hours following an auction once payment is confirmed. All bidders picking up their own items are subject to a 8% sales tax as required by Georgia State law. If you hold a valid sales tax exemption certificate, please let us know prior to pick-up and provide us a copy of your certificate when you arrive.
Successful bidders are responsible for all shipping arrangements including packing and crating. Unlike many auction houses, we maintain all items onsite in our Atlanta showroom, allowing us to be more flexible regarding pick-up times.
As we do not offer in-house shipping, a list of preferred third-party shippers will be provided to you along with your invoice, and is listed here for your convenience:
- For smaller items or items that may require crating:
- UPS Store 1140 (Chamblee): 770-458-1922 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- UPS Store 3737 (Dunwoody): 770-730-0730 • email@example.com
- PakMail (Dunwoody): 770-587-2898 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- For larger items and longer distances:
- Only Way Transport (AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, TN) 678-914-2558 • email@example.com
- AirSea Packing Atlanta: 404-733-6200 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Milani Packing, Inc.: 718-545-7458 • email@example.com
- Westbrook Deliveries: 404-877-2870 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Atlanta’s Pro Pak, LLC, 404-453-2025 • email@example.com
It is important to note that, per industry standards, most items sold at auction have a reserve or minimum selling price that may be equal to or higher than the opening bid amount. The reserve price is confidential, and all bids are held against the reserve until that amount is met. If the reserve is not met when the bidding stops, the item passes. Passed items may then be offered in subsequent auctions.
If you have an interest in an unsold auction lot, you may contact our offices after the sale, and we will be happy to present all reasonable offers to our consignors. Please call 770-457-1903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.